Skip to content

Dragonfly Metamorphosis

June 15, 2009

Last night was our first in the camper – we stayed in Moiese on the river, just north of the  Bison Range.  Holt woke up this morning first, and burst out with “Oh, Mama, Papa, look out the window!” as he saw the sunrise over the Flathead.

We walked down to the river, a very long dusty walk, to wash clothes and swim and have a picnic breakfast.

A dragonfly was just shedding his water-loving skin and hatching.  We watched for twenty minutes: crumpled wings puffing, tail growing and becoming colored before our eyes, and then as his wings became full he lowered them abruptly, pulsated a minute more, and buzzed off on his first flight.

We have quite a bit to do to the camper to get everything just right for a big trip, but are already loving the freedom and layout of this sweet rv even just close to (what used to be) home.  A lovely first day, chores and all.

Advertisements
6 Comments leave one →
  1. Janet Moxness permalink
    June 17, 2009 2:10 pm

Blessings on your journey! Can’t wait to check out the new wheels!

2. June 17, 2009 7:04 pm

I can’t tell you how many times a day I think of you and wonder…..about everything. I just checked the blog hoping you had written. I’ll be checking in daily to see. What a wonderful appreciation Mazie and Holt will have for our world and the wonder of it.

Love you all,
    MomE

3. brie permalink
    June 20, 2009 3:39 am

Wishing you luck! hope we have not missed your visit to Helena!!

4. Mike in Mnpls permalink
    June 20, 2009 5:09 pm

You guys are awesome. Hoping the journey comes through MN.

5. Holly permalink
    June 28, 2009 5:25 am

My goodness Cami you should be a writer. Your journey is going to read like a well written book. I could almost see the dragonfly transforming before MY eyes. Bare foot and bookish indeed! I am so looking forward to this little blog stop along the way. Woo hoo, Cami and Mazie! Yehaw, Trent and Holt! Keep ’em coming.
    HKC

6. Rebekah Jensen permalink
    June 28, 2009 7:05 pm

Cami, you are the most fabulous person I have met for a really long time! Actually, I am in love with your whole family. I wish you all the best in your first few days on the road! I am so inspired by what you are doing. I feel almost like you’re doing it for all the rest of us, too–making a statement about what’s important in life, how we can all choose to live if we can just reshuffle our priorities, shed our fears, and get back to simplicity & joy!

Okay, so now you have my e-mail address. Keep in touch! I look forward to taking breaks from the thesis to check up on my barefoot & bookish friends.

Hugs,